Monday, March 16, 2009

Drake turned TEN!!

Drake loves "Diary of a Wimpy Kid"
Drake & his Mama

Baseball & Glove from Aunt Kristy
Kiowa, Dayne, Dakota, Tylan, Madi, Drake, & Linkin

Justin, Me, Kiowa, Drake & Linkin

Rewind back TEN years to Friday, March 5, 1999...

I was lazily laying in my bed as Rex walked out the door. I had asked him to leave his cell phone with me since I had the day off and I had errands to run since we were having our "house warming party" that night. I wasn't due til March 17th so no biggie. Anyway I yelled goodbye to Rex and then screamed "WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Becaussseee my water had just broken!! Literally seconds before Rex walked out the door and I wouldn't have been able to reach him for at least an hour! We rushed to the hospital where after a few short hours (I think from the time we got there til I had him it was a total of 5 hrs?) my B E A UTIFUL baby was born!!! Oh my goodness I LOVE that child! From the moment he was born he has been the sweetest, kindest and most handsome little thing!! He is such a joy in my life! I laugh every single day because of something he says or does. He loves to make me laugh and he is always telling me he loves me or that I'm the best mom ever or how much he loves to hang out with me! He's got the best imagination and creates a ton of games that not only he can play by himself or that others can play too. He loves to draw, eat pizza, play video games and read like crazy! He's also recently started playing basketball, football, baseball and loves to jump on the trampoline with his friends and cousins! He is such a talented little man and I am so, so, blessed to have been chosen to be his Mom! I thank God every day that he is in my life! Drake is an essential in my life and I look forward to everyday thanks to him! I love you Drakey-pooh!

1 comment:

nelly said...

Drake is so handsome!